WhatsApp is a daily place for regular, casual, professional, and all types of communication. Users often feel WhatsApp should have many aspects/features by default, but it does not. Sometimes users want to use the existing feature in a different way. It’s likely that you’ve wished at least once that you could read an arriving message without the sender knowing. There is an official solution from WhatsApp to achieve this. However, that trick prevents you from knowing whether the other person has read the message you send or not. There are other ways you can achieve this. Before we discuss the various ways to read the WhatsApp Message without the sender knowing you’ve read it, first we will discuss how to know if a WhatsApp Message has been read.
How To Know If A WhatsApp Message Has Been Read?
When a user sends a WhatsApp message, there is one symbol associated with the message. There are three types of symbols out there, and each symbol possesses a different meaning.
- Single Tick – It means the message has been sent but the receiver is yet to receive the message.
- Double Tick – It means the receiver has received the message you sent, but it is not read by the receiver.
- Double Tick With Blue Color – The receiver has received and read your message. This symbol gives the sender a confirmation that his/her message has been read by the receiver.
Different Ways To Read The WhatsApp Message Without The Sender Knowing You’ve Read It
There are various ways you can chillingly read WhatsApp messages from anyone while watching movies or traveling without the sender knowing you’ve read it so that you can avoid unwanted conversations at unwanted times.
The Official Way From WhatsApp
There’s an official way from WhatsApp to hide the read recipients. Follow the below simple steps to hide the blue ticks from WhatsApp.
- Go to the Settings section of WhatsApp.
- Open Account Settings.
- Select the Privacy Settings option.
- Turn Off the Read Receipts option.
Settings > Account Settings > Privacy Settings > Turn Off Read Receipts
The biggest disadvantage of this trick is that you can’t see the blue ticks of others, i.e., you cannot see if the message you sent is read by the receiver or not! To overcome this issue, let’s drive onto the next trick 😉
From the Notification Window
If you don’t want your reader to have an idea that you’ve read the message, and that too without hiding blue ticks, then this is the best idea you can follow. As soon as you receive the WhatsApp message, just open the notification window and read the message. The message will still be in the Unread form until you open the message.
This trick also lacks in a few aspects. If you’ve muted someone on WhatsApp with Notifications off, you can’t get their messages in your Notification Window. In such cases, you can’t use the above-mentioned trick. Moreover, if the receiver has sent you a long message or multiple messages along with media files, you simply can’t use this trick.
The next trick we’re going to discuss will solve all these queries. You can even read WhatsApp Group messages using the next trick without the sender knowing you’ve read it.
Airplane Mode Trick
Every phone has the option to switch to Airplane Mode. We can use that option to read the WhatsApp message without the sender knowing you’ve read it. This option even helps in reading WhatsApp Group Messages secretly.
- As you get the message on WhatsApp, just switch your phone to Airplane Mode.
- After that open the WhatsApp Application and read the message.
- Once you’ve read the message, close the WhatsApp Appliction completely, even from the Recently Opened Apps.
- Even if you put your phone on the normal mode, the sender will still see the message as unread.
- Please note that when you open the WhatsApp Application next time after putting the phone on the normal mode, the message will be considered as read message for the sender. So, you need to consider this point while using this trick.
Android Smartphones allow you to add WhatsApp Widgets on the home screen. On that WhatsApp Widget, anyone can see the unread messages without the sender knowing that you’ve read them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why even after waiting for some time, there is only a single tick associated with the message?
A single tick means the message is not delivered to the receiver’s WhatsApp. There are multiple factors behind the single tick. If the receiver has blocked the sender, the receiver can’t get the sender’s message. There will always be a single tick. Network / Internet issue at the receiver’s end is also one of the reasons behind single tick.
When can I switch off the Airplane Mode while using the Airplane Mode trick?
Once you read the message, you need to completely close the App, even from Recent Apps. Only then can you turn off Airplane Mode.
We, at DiGiTAL BiRYANi, have published this trick to help our esteemed readers to use WhatsApp more freely and effectively. If you need any help from our end in your Digital Journey, we would be happy to assist you. Please share your favorite Blog Topics with us to get more blogs on those topics. Do share your valuable feedback with us.