WhatsApp has been the biggest reason for many people over the last many years to not switch to iOS from Android. You might be one of them, or you’ve mates who’d tried numerous ways to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iOS, but all in vain. Many of them ended up purchasing paid unofficial tools to complete their work. But, the wait is over, guys 🙂 Now, there’s an official and free way to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone.
When the feature to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone will be available?
Meta and Apple have come up to solve this intentionally created/unsolved problem that was there for many years. Both tech giants have officially announced their support to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone for free. First, WhatsApp’s beta users will be able to move WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone officially for free, and then in a phased manner, it will be available for all the users.
Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg also released a statement – “We’re adding to WhatsApp the ability to securely switch between phones and transfer your chat history, photos, videos, and voice messages between Android and iPhone while maintaining end-to-end encryption. This is a top requested feature. We launched the ability switch from iPhone–>Android last year, and now adding Android–>iPhone as well”.
What is the minimum Software Requirement to move WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone?
- The minimum requirement for the Android version is Android Lolipop – Android 5.0. That means your Android phone’s version must be Android 5.0 or above (SDK21 or above).
- The Android mobile phone must have a ‘Move to iOS’ app that is available on the play store.
- You must have WhatsApp iOS version 126.96.36.199 or above on your new iPhone device.
- On Android, the WhatsApp version needs to be 188.8.131.52 or above.
- Your iPhone’s iOS version must be iOS 15.5 or above.
How the WhatsApp data transfer from Android to iOS will work?
- Install the Move to iOS app on your Android phone. Make sure that you’re compliant with all the required minimum software requirements.
- Use the same phone number as your old phone on your new device. Please keep in mind that your iPhone must be brand new or reset to factory settings.
- Both devices – Android and iPhone – need to be connected to a power source and need to be on the same Wi-Fi. Or the Android device will have to be connected to the iPhone’s hotspot.
- Now open the ‘Move to iOS’ app on Android and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Select WhatsApp on the Transfer Data screen.
- Tap Start on your Android phone, and wait for WhatsApp to prepare the data for export. You’ll be signed out from your Android phone once the data is prepared.
- Select Next to return to the Move to iOS app.
- Tap Continue to transfer the data from your Android phone to your iPhone and wait for iOS to confirm the transfer is complete.
- Now on the iPhone, install the latest version of WhatsApp. Open the app and log in with the same phone number.
- Tap Start when prompted, and allow the process to complete. Finish activating your new device and you’ll see your chats waiting for you.
This way you can transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone officially for free. Using Apple’s Move to iOS app, users can also migrate all the free apps on their Android devices to iOS. If a free app on Android has an equivalent on the App Store, users have the option to get these back when they set up the new iPhone. The apps will be shown on the home screen after setup, and a user will have to tap on them to ensure they get downloaded.
Now, buy your favorite iPhone now and transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone within a few steps.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does the data on iPhone directly go to the iCloud after the data transfer?
No. The transferred data doesn’t go to cloud storage until the user creates an iCloud backup.
What data will be transferred and what data will not be transferred using this method?
Personal messages and chats will be transferred, but peer-to-peer payment messages and call history will not get transferred.
My iPhone has already WhatsApp installed on it. Can I use this trick to move WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone?
This method will only work for factory-new iPhones. If you want to use it on the already setup iPhones, you need to wipe out everything and re-transfer the data from the scratch.
That’s how WhatsApp and Apple have solved the biggest digital problems of a recent time by allowing users to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone officially for totally free. Try the above-mentioned trick and share your feedback with us to help us serve you better.