WhatsApp is now the leading instant messaging service provider with over 2 billion active users. The best part about WhatsApp is the App offers every feature that a user can think of that the instant messaging App should have. Sometimes even the features that a normal user can’t even think of are also introduced by WhatsApp.
The App was started as a normal chatting app back in 2009. Now, apart from the normal chatting, users enjoy sending audio, and videos; doing voice calls, and video calls; and many other features like WhatsApp Status, WhatsApp Pay, Web WhatsApp, etc. WhatsApp regularly rolls out new features for Android and iOS users to offer users the best in class experience.
Recently WhatsApp launched some amazing features that enable users to share their location via stickers on WhatsApp Status. The feature gives users a feeling just like they’re sharing the status with a location sticker on the Meta-Owned other platforms Facebook and Instagram.
These location stickers can be used for any location. Users can tag any location on the sticker to share their best memories from the past. They can even share live locations using the live location feature. So, next time when you download someone’s WhatsApp photos or videos directly to your phone, you may get a location sticker on those media files.
Let’s discuss detailed steps to learn how to add location stickers in WhatsApp Status.
How To Add Location Sticker in WhatsApp Status: Step-by-Step Guide
Follow the below-mentioned steps to add a location sticker on WhatsApp Status. Follow the exact steps that we’ve mentioned in this guide. These steps are easy-to-apply and non-tricky steps.
- The first step is to update the WhatsApp App. For that open the Google Play Store, and search for WhatsApp. Check if any update is available or not. Make sure that the WhatsApp installed on your mobile phone is updated to the latest version available.
- Open the updated WhatsApp App. Swipe right on the WhatsApp Home Screen and go to the Status menu.
- As you open the WhatsApp Status Menu. Select the camera icon at the bottom right corner to create a new status on WhatsApp.
- Here, you can capture an image or record a video using your mobile camera. You can even select an image or video from the Gallery to upload as a WhatsApp Status.
- Once your image/video is uploaded, tap on the Emoji icon at the top of the screen.
- Open the Stickers tab and select the Location Sticker under the ‘Content Stickers’ option, usually at the top section of the stickers.
- Now, you’ll be redirected to the location screen from where you can search for the exact location on the map or select your current location to add to the Location Sticker.
- The location sticker will be added to the image/video. You can move the sticker to the desired location by dragging it.
- If you want to change the style of the location sticker, just tap on it.
And Bingo! You can add location stickers on WhatsApp chat following this guide. That’s how you can create Instagram/Facebook like Location Sticker on WhatsApp.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I add custom stickers on WhatsApp Status?
Yes. You can create the custom stickers on WhatsApp without using the third-party tools, and add them to the WhatsApp status just like the Location Stickers. To add custom stickers, you need to scroll through the Stickers tab and search for your desired sticker.
That’s how you can use the latest features of WhatsApp and stay technologically ahead of your network. Such features help users to use Social Media more accurately. We request our esteemed readers to try this latest feature of WhatsApp and share feedback with us. That will help us serve you better.