Mark Zuckerberg-owned Meta recently launched the latest product that is directly competing with Elon Musk’s Twitter. Threads by Meta is currently the most trending topic all over the Internet. Mark Zuckerberg’s latest edition to Meta products, Instagram Threads, is said to be the biggest alternative to Elon Musk-owned Twitter.
In this blog, let’s understand what exactly Instagram Threads is, and how you can use this platform.
What is Threads by Meta?
Instagram Threads is the latest text-based app for Instagram. Instagram is solely focused on images and video content. To offer more functionalities, the parent company Meta has launched a new platform called Instagram Threads.
‘Instagram Threads’ is inspired by Twitter. It is said to be the Twitter launched by Instagram. This platform allows users to share text updates and participate in public conversations. Users can share text-based updates up to 500 characters. It even allows you to add photos, and videos up to 5 minutes long.
How to use Instagram Threads?
Using Instagram Threads is extremely easy. Follow this step-by-step guide to use Instagram Threads.
- Download ‘Threads, an Instagram app’ from Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Open the app, and click on the ‘Login with Instagram’ button.
- Enter your Instagram username and password on the screen.
- You can even import your Instagram username, bio, DP, website, etc. directly to your Instagram Threads account. For that click on the ‘Import from Instagram’ button.
- Click on Next, and you will be redirected to set your profile visibility. You can choose to keep your profile Private or Public.
- You will have the option to either tap the “Follow all” button to follow all those on Threads whom you follow on Instagram or tap the “Follow” button next to individual names to selectively follow people, or simply tap the “Next” button in the upper-right corner to skip this step.
- Tap “Join Threads” to complete the login process.
These simple steps will lead you to your Instagram Threads home page.
How to add images and videos to Instagram Threads?
Threads, which is basically a text-based platform, lets you add images and videos as well. This detailed guide will help you understand how to add images and videos to Instagram Threads.
- Open Instagram Threads mobile app on your device.
- Click on the Add Thread icon from the bottom center of the screen.
- Tap on the attachment icon.
- Select the photo(s) and/or video(s) you want to add to your Instagram Threads and click on Done.
- Add appropriate text/caption to your content and click on the Post.
Can we change the username of the Instagram Threads account?
This is the most common question Instagram threads users are currently searching for. Can we change the username of the Instagram Threads account? The simple answer to this question is – Yes, you can change the username of the Instagram Threads account.
The only catch here is that if you want to change the username of your Instagram Threads account, you need to first change the username of your Instagram account. As there is no separate login method available for Instagram Threads, the account is directly connected to your primary Instagram account. So, in order to change the username, you need to change your Instagram account’s username.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the text limit in the Instagram Threads?
Users can post up to 500 characters in one post.
Can we add links to Instagram Threads?
Yes, users can add links to Instagram Threads posts.
Is there any limit to adding videos on Instagram Threads?
Yes, Instagram Threads users can add videos only up to 5 minutes.
Will the Instagram Thread, a current sensation on the Internet, succeed or not? Only time knows, but if you don’t join this interesting platform, you’ll definitely FOMO. Share your initial experience with Instagram Threads with us to help us serve you better.